Welcome to Pinnacle Pets Training!
Our experienced and certified trainer is ready and happy to work with your pup on learning a variety of new commands, tricks, and eliminating any undesirable behaviors such as jumping, pulling on a leash, barking, etc. Our trainer will work with your pup to create a strong bond of trust and respect through positive reinforcement.
Pinnacle Pets offers four main training options for our guests:
- Daycare/Day Boarding Addons
- Board and Train Program
- Private Lessons
Initial Training Evaluation
Owners interested in dog training will start with a 30- minute Training Evaluation with our trainer, to create a program that will work best for you and your dog’s needs.
Pet parents will meet with the trainer to:
- Discuss training goals
- Determine the best training route based on training goals
- Develop a timeline with milestones to mark achievements
- Discuss the cost of an individualized training program
Training Addon – Small Sessions for Daycare/Day Boarding Reservations
Training addons are a small 30-minute session conducted while your dog is already here for other services like daycare or day boarding. These lessons are quick and easy ways to learn simple behaviors or reinforce good behaviors by keeping up with the training structure
- Discouraging jumping
- Loose Leash Walking
- Basic commands: sit, stay, come
- “Leave it” command
- Treadmill Training
- And so much more!
This can be scheduled most days, but for best results, a regular training schedule is recommended.
Board & Train Program
Our Board & Train option provides two 30-minute training sessions per day for a lesser rate than add-on options for daycare/day boarding.
The Board & Train is perfect for dogs already staying with us for six or more days and you, and your dog, will benefit from training this way:
- Board & Train allows your pup to fully immerse in the training program, providing faster and more effective results.
- When they are not directly working with the trainer in one of their sessions per day, the staff working with them for regular boarding activities will be part of the training team and help reinforce the desired behaviors.
- You will receive nightly feedback with pictures/videos from our trainer to discuss each day’s achievements.
- The Board & Train program will include a 60-minute meeting with you at the end of their stay to go over their learned behaviors and how you can continue reinforcing what they learned, at home.
- We will continue communication for at least a few weeks to ensure everything is going smoothly and help troubleshoot any hurdles.
Private Lessons are one-on-one sessions with you, your dog, and our trainer. We can work on a variety of different behaviors in lessons that are tailored specifically to your dog’s needs. Private Lessons are a great way to pinpoint specific areas of focus and help you continue teaching at home. Lessons last for one hour and are held every 1-2 weeks. Discounts on packages are available.
Jessica has been training dogs professionally since 2016. As a Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA), she specializes in using modern, science-based training methods to achieve results in both obedience and behavior modification. She is an active member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers, with a degree in Psychology from The Ohio State University and a certificate in Dog Emotion and Cognition from Duke University. As an AKC Canine Good Citizen evaluator, Jessica has helped many clients achieve the official title of “Canine Good Citizen,” whether as a goal in itself or as a starting point for dogs who will be working in public.
Jessica is also a Certified Trick Dog Instructor, Certified Canine Conditioning Fitness Coach, Animal Actors Certified Evaluator, and Certified Stunt Dog Judge. She loves seeing the amazing bond her students develop with their dogs as they train for trick performances and dog sports. With her wide range of knowledge and experience, Jessica can’t wait to help you achieve your own training goals with your dog!
For more information regarding our training program, see our Frequently Asked Training Questions or contact us today!